Canada: Expat Banking & International Wire Transfer
Moving to Canada? Expatriates have unique banking and investment needs. Find nformation about expat banking, Canada banking and opening a bank account in Canada in ExpatExchange.com's Resource Guide.
HSBC Expat specialises in wealth management, banking and currency solutions specifically for expats and can cater for your financial needs in one place.
Whether you need easy international access to multicurrency accounts, or you're looking to invest to maintain your lifestyle or retire to another country, HSBC Expat can cater for all your financial needs in one place. With connectivity to a global network of over 6,600 HSBC offices in more than 80 countries and territories worldwide, HSBC Expat is uniquely positioned to help expats maximise the opportunities associated with living and working abroad.
- International account opening - expat accounts can be opened before expats arrive in their new location. And if local accounts are required, HSBC Expat can link with HSBC local branches
- Multicurrency banking - accounts available in 20 currencies including sterling, US dollar and euro accessible from a central location
- Foreign exchange and wealth management* - HSBC Expat specialists can help expats manage and grow their wealth as they move around the world
- Relationship management service - 24/7 telephone and online banking with experts on the ground in key expat locations
- Global View** - the ability to access and manage all eligible worldwide HSBC accounts on a single screen using a single logon (available in 35 countries)
- Global Transfers** - fast money transfers between your eligible accounts in Global View (available in 33 countries)
- International Tax Service*** - access to departure briefings, a tax return service and personal tax advice available through tax specialists, Ernst & Young
- Access to expat information and insights including finance guides, tax information and much more.
Find out more about expat banking
with HSBC Expat at expat.hsbc.com
0044 (0)1534 616 055
Isle of Man
* The value of investments (and any income received from them) can fall as well as rise and you may not get back what you invested. For some investments this can also happen as a result of exchange rate fluctuations as shares and funds may have an exposure to overseas markets. We always recommend that any investments held should be viewed as a medium to long-term investment, at least five years.
**Global View is available in 35 countries and Global Transfers is available in 33 countries
***Whilst banking offshore may have tax benefits for you, tax rules differ from country to country. If you are unsure about your personal tax obligations, you should seek professional advice. It is your responsibility to disclose your income to the tax authorities.
Registered Office: HSBC House, Esplanade, St. Helier, Jersey, JE1 1HS, Channel Islands. Registered Number: 2818
Top 10 Tech Cities For Expats in North America and Europe By Joshua Wood (Aug 10, 2016)
5 Tips For Expat Tech Jobs in Canada By Joshua Wood (Apr 28, 2016)
The Ultimate Guide To Shipping A Car To Canada By Joe Webster (Jun 17, 2015)
10 Tips for Living in Canada By Joshua Wood (Feb 19, 2015)
10 Best Places in the World to Get in the Christmas Spirit By Betsy Burlingame (Dec 15, 2014)
Bienvenue au Canada - Settling in tips for this French speaking nation By David Hollins (Aug 01, 2014)
Canada's big fat Greek immigration By Adrian Bishop (Nov 08, 2012)
Worker Shortage Crisis in Alberta By Thelma O' Connor (Feb 18, 2006)
Bargains on Vancouver Island By Debbra Mikaelsen (Mar 05, 2005)
Winter In Canada By Thelma O' Connor (Feb 12, 2005)