What is the name of this Organization/Club?
Cancun Expat Group
In what city is your organization based?
Describe your group.
Hello Fellow Expats! This site has been put together so we have a regular and reliable place to visit one another as well as chat, schedule events of interest and blog about our experiences. There is never any fee to join the Cancun Expat Group and one does not have to be any particular nationality or speak a certain language to participate. This group is for anyone who is interested in a healthy social environment that encourages great conversation and regularly scheduled activities.
What is unique about your organization?
As a whole, the Cancun Expat Group is completely different from any other local option!
Compared to others:
- We really are local. We’re based out of Cancun
- We are a group that is open to everyone
- There are never any membership or contact fees
- We offer an in-person social setting, not just a blog site
- We schedule more than cafe and haphazard pub meets
- We provide regularily scheduled social events
- You can join our ‘Promote Yourself’ breakfast meetings
- We have a blog site for sharing ideas and experiences as well as…
- Links to other sites of interest and…
- Information to help new people settle in
- Our members also benefit from discounts on local attractions
What kind of activities does your group sponsor?
Local social activies such as sporting events, wine tasting, theme nights, social networking, business breakfast meetings and local discounts. We also offer 'hot topics' and blog pages for our members to share their ideas and concerns.
How often does your group meet?
We meet at least once a month for our Business Breakfast. Additional meetings are scheduled as social events for things like soccer games,etc.
Is there a membership fee?
No, it's absolutely free to be a member
Approximately how many members does this organization have?
Is this organization specific to nationality? If yes, which nationality/ies. If no, what nationalities are represented in the membership?
The Cancun Expat Group is open to everyone...any age...any nationality...male or female.
What language(s) do member speak?
What is the age range of the people in your group?
What is the name of the person new members should contact?
Web site address (please include http://):
An Expat Talks about Culture Shock & Living in Merida, Mexico
An expat in Merida, Mexico offers some insight into the challenges of settling in and living there. Some of the topics include driving, what it's like there if you don't speak Spanish, and much more. This expat clearly is an optimist and is determined to make life in Merida with her husband a success!