AAGS Worldwide Movers
Expat Finance

Know the ins and outs of taxation related to your Social Security benefits.

View/Add Comments (0 Comments) | Add to Favorites (1 Favorites)


You must report your Social Security benefits as income on your expat tax return. Generally, if you have other income, your benefits will be taxed. If they are, only 85% of your benefits can be considered taxable income.

Submitted on Jun 23, 2016 - Category: Expat Finance

Submitted By



David is an IRS Enrolled Agent, an MBA and an experienced finance professional and entrepreneur. David and his wife, Carrie, were frustrated with the process of filing their expat taxes. They found plenty of accountants, but few who could accurately prepare expat taxes. There were expensive accountants who treated them like a number and US CPAs who were well meaning, but not up to date on the rules as they apply to expats. Together they decided there had to be a better way. So they created the kind of company they wanted to work with - and Greenback Expat Tax Services was born!


Sign In or Sign Up to reply

Copyright 1997-2018 Burlingame Interactive, Inc.

Privacy Policy Legal