International Mail Forwarding with US Global Mail
Expat Finance

See if you qualify for the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion by passing a residency test.

View/Add Comments (0 Comments) | Add to Favorites (1 Favorites)


There are two types. The first is the Physical Presence Test, which requires that you are physically present in a foreign country for 330 of any 365-day period. The second is the Bona Fide Residence Test, which requires you to have lived overseas for at least one calendar year and have no immediate intention of moving back to the US.

Submitted on Jul 15, 2016 - Category: Expat Finance

Submitted By



David is an IRS Enrolled Agent, an MBA and an experienced finance professional and entrepreneur. David and his wife, Carrie, were frustrated with the process of filing their expat taxes. They found plenty of accountants, but few who could accurately prepare expat taxes. There were expensive accountants who treated them like a number and US CPAs who were well meaning, but not up to date on the rules as they apply to expats. Together they decided there had to be a better way. So they created the kind of company they wanted to work with - and Greenback Expat Tax Services was born!


Sign In or Sign Up to reply

Copyright 1997-2018 Burlingame Interactive, Inc.

Privacy Policy Legal