CIGNA Expat Health Insurance

Belgium Expat Forum

Work Permit to Dependent

Post New Topic
2/4/2016 01:21 EST

I am an Indian working in Belgium with a Valid Work Permit (Type B). My employer in India has asked me to return to India by end of April. My spouse, also an Indian, has a local job here. She had joined me as a dependent and then found a job here. Now, I don't want to return to India. How can stay in Belgium by becoming my spouse's dependent? I have a valid residence permit, which will expire one month after my work permit expires (that is April 30th). I am looking for a break from job for some time.
So, question: how to convert work permit to dependent visa/permit?

Post a Reply


3/24/2016 08:31 EST

you are asking yourself the wrong question...your wife should ask on basis of her income a permit...that of course should be high enough about 1500 well since you got permit B normally you re allowed to find another empoyer

Post a Reply


Expatriate Health Insurance

Get a quote for expat health insurance in Belgium.

Mail Forwarding to Belgium

Mail Forwarding to Belgium.

Expat Tax

Expat Tax Preparation, Expat Tax Professionals

International Moving Companies

Moving to Belgium? Find a moving company.

Join Today (free)

Join Expat Exchange to meet expats in your area or get advice before your move. It's FREE and takes 1 minute!

Copyright 1997-2017 Burlingame Interactive, Inc.

Privacy Policy Legal