12/7/2017 11:04 EST
This is Maria, myself and my hubby moving to Belize. My husband is an experienced pharamcist, me a housewife.
First of all saying hello. Not sure what to expect. Never visited Belize before. I am Spanish and he is Philippines; have 3 children - grownups. Lived in different countries. Only we both coming first, children will join a year later. I am reading various forums. After careful reading - Decided not to bring any vehicle, expensive electronics except one laptop, one camera and 2 smartphones. So our bags contain only clothes and documents only. For now, this is the plan. But have so many questions. Will only ask a few now to save you guys from long list.
1. What documents are required normally? besides passports, IDs, etc. Any medical reports required to enter / get extensions?
2. My husband is vegan, but eats eggs. Is it possible to get fresh vegetables, fruits in Coyo area?
3. Both of us drive, have licenses in Canda and Philippines. But can we manage without any vehicle in Belize for at least 1 year?
4. Is it possible to manage life with bicycles? I really love that option. But want to know how safe it is and what are the distances for basic marketing/ shopping? I may have no problem up to 4 km daily without any complaint. My hubby may cry, but it is his choice to come to Belize!
5. How about milk? is it packaged like in Canada? or in powder form? We love our morning coffee though.
6. What about plain yogurt? is it locally made? any names of products will be of help to me.
Thanks a lot for your patience, but I am really looking for some responses.
Post a Reply