Belize: Any Asian Grocery Store?:
Hi, I am also looking for asian grocery store, but not critical to me. My hubby craves for pulses, shrimp and fish which we buy from local Thai stores here in Canada. I am sure BZ will have plenty to offer in that division, if not necessarily from an Asian stores. May be you want to write a down a list of items you need; then seniors here might be able to assist you?
Will be following this thread!!
Belize: online ordering of power drill:
Hi all, sorry to bug you folks!
Apparently, power drills are expensive in BZ? is it true? I checked a few hardware shops in BZcity that have online catalogs. Strangely, rates are not mentioned in any of them!! I just want to know, if I order (and ship to a skybox that delivers in Belmopan) a power drill that is 100 USD worth, how much the custom charges will be?
Thanks in advance
Belize: "Ethical Traveler" lists Belize as one of "The World’s Ten Best Ethical Destinations":
I am happy to see this. In fact this type of content MUST be available. Since, it is the truth that can be verified by wider public.
Belize: road safety in Belize:
I would to know how safe are Belize roads if I want to travel by bicycle within Cayo to various Mayan places and other tourist locations of historical importance?
I am not expecting specifically marked space for bicycles. But is it safe to use bicycles on rural and urban roads, main roads and highways?
How safe it is to start in the morning to a tourist attraction by bike in the morning and to return at 5pm in the evening by same route? Any bandits on the street?
Thanks for any info
Belize: buying items online in Belize:
Hello, I am in dilema on a few items still, before deciding on moving to Belize in for future place. 1. Treadmill; 2. Water purifier - UV based - etc. These items are not listed in Courts. However, is it possible for us to order through Courts and then deliver to home; through courts belize to our door step? thanks in advce
Belize: arriving in 2018 saying hello:
This is Maria, myself and my hubby moving to Belize. My husband is an experienced pharamcist, me a housewife.
First of all saying hello. Not sure what to expect. Never visited Belize before. I am Spanish and he is Philippines; have 3 children - grownups. Lived in different countries. Only we both coming first, children will join a year later. I am reading various forums. After careful reading - Decided not to bring any vehicle, expensive electronics except one laptop, one camera and 2 smartphones. So our bags contain only clothes and documents only. For now, this is the plan. But have so many questions. Will only ask a few now to save you guys from long list.
1. What documents are required normally? besides passports, IDs, etc. Any medical reports required to enter / get extensions?
2. My husband is vegan, but eats eggs. Is it possible to get fresh vegetables, fruits in Coyo area?
3. Both of us drive, have licenses in Canda and Philippines. But can we manage without any vehicle in Belize for at least 1 year?
4. Is it possible to manage life with bicycles? I really love that option. But want to know how safe it is and what are the distances for basic marketing/ shopping? I may have no problem up to 4 km daily without any complaint. My hubby may cry, but it is his choice to come to Belize!
5. How about milk? is it packaged like in Canada? or in powder form? We love our morning coffee though.
6. What about plain yogurt? is it locally made? any names of products will be of help to me.
Thanks a lot for your patience, but I am really looking for some responses.