By Betsy Burlingame
Test Your Cultural IQ with This Week's Quiz.
1) True or False. When a colleague in Austria takes you to lunch, you should pick up the check.
2) True or False. In Canada, your spouse should not attend business functions with you.
3) True of False. In the UK, you should avoid make a "V" sign (Peace sign in some countries) with you fingers.
4) True or False. When setting up a business meeting in Brazil, a 4 pm appointment at the person's office would be a good suggestion.
5) True or False. When an American business person is invited to dinner at a colleague's home in Japan, they should bring a special gift. A set of four or six Japanese sake cups would make a very nice gift.
First Published: Apr 28, 2003