CIGNA Expat Health Insurance Canada

Canada Expat Forum

Renting an apartment as a none citizen.

Post New Topic
9/19/2017 09:30 EST

So I live state side 14 miles from Canada. There is very heavy movement from both sides daily. I do the hour and a half drive from home to Montreal weekly visiting friends and family. This is very common where Im from as most natives of the area have relatives in Canada. Im spending a good bit of money a year on hotels and It would be much more convenient for me to have a small studio apartment to crash at. I would want to be on a lease and I would be fine with paying up front. (though a little nervous about doing that). Is this something I can legally do as a none Canadian citizen?

Post a Reply


9/19/2017 12:17 EST

I'm not a lawyer, but I have done this (the other way). There are no laws forbidding this, but you might find landlords unwilling to rent to you as you will have no credit in Canada. Subletting should be easy, however.

Post a Reply


Expatriate Health Insurance

Get a quote for expat health insurance in Canada.

Mail Forwarding to Canada

Mail Forwarding to Canada.

Expat Tax

Expat Tax Preparation, Expat Tax Professionals

International Moving Companies

Moving to Canada? Find a moving company.

Join Today (free)

Join Expat Exchange to meet expats in your area or get advice before your move. It's FREE and takes 1 minute!

Copyright 1997-2018 Burlingame Interactive, Inc.

Privacy Policy Legal