Our aim is to start an International School in Corfu that will follow the IB (International Baccalaureate) program and to operate the school in partnership with the ISA (International School of Athens).
The purpose of the programme is to foster an international environment where English is taught as a first language and thus becomes the operating language of the school, but where also all pupils get tuition in the native language, in this case Greek.
The IB program is recognised all over the world, and of course also in Greece where the IB education also gives you a Greek “Apolitirio”, that grants you entry into Greek universities.
Students that graduate under the IB program are graded under the IB point-system which is recognised by the vast majority of the worlds Universities, thus making various entrance exams (like the Cambridge Language Examinations) and test years unnecessary.
The school will offer top quality teachers and recognised/experienced staff in its leadership positions. Classes will be limited to 15 students only in order to ensure a strong focus.
As the success of this initiative will be down to the interest shown by the population of Corfu we would like to invite you to take part in a basic survey in order for us to gage interest and to take the first steps towards a feasibility study.
If you would want to have more information, and/or have interest to send your child to the school, please reply to this post or send email to : [email protected] Please understand, that at this point, the final decision to open the school has not been taken as we are at the stage of a feasibility study.
Hi! What a great project! I hope the feasibility study is successful and proves plenty of positive feedback! In case you need an experienced natural sciences teacher, I would love to join your faculty! I am greek, living abroad for the past 30 years of my life (California, Austria). I teach biology and physics in both english and german, and I plan to return back home in 2020. My family comes partly from Corfu, so the island is close and dear to me. All the best, hope to hear from you! Roula Karapanou
Hi Roula, Thank you for your note, We are still very much in the early stages, and it is not all clear yet if the school will have a chance to open or not, therefore staffing issues is not at the forefront for the moment. My suggestion to you is to keep your ear to the ground, you can also send me an email directly at [email protected] in 6 months or so. Regarding the staffing issues: If the school were to go ahead the staffing would most likely be in the hands of the ISA who will be taking care of the running of the school, Sorry for not being able to tell you more at this point, so I suggest to go ahead as mentioned above, Regards Alex
Good day. We are still in an exploratory phase. Our aim is to open the school in collaboration with an established IB school in Athens. Currently we are conducting a feasibility study, and although we all would love for these things to go quickly they unfortunately do not. If the school were to open I would hope that it would be for the school year commencing Sep 19 (but clearly this could get delayed) and the intention is to start with the a small number of children covering the first couple of classes. Regards Alex Finos
How are the plans progressing for the IB school? Has the response been positive? We are thinking of a move from Australia to Europe and are yet to decide where. Your planned IB school caught my attention. Regards, David.
Hi David, We are going through a feasibility study at the moment. There are a lot of moving parts and if the school were to open it would be Sep 2020 and with the lower age groups (and as the school progresses the ages move up in to higher classes), I am sorry for not being able to tell you more at this stage but it is still too early. Regards Alex
Hi, I’m an experienced primary school teacher who has taught all over the world but currently in the UK and has a 4 and a 6 year old. We are looking to relocate somewhere that is warm and by the sea in 2019/2020 and where I could teach and my children could attend the school. We love Corfu but the lack of international school has held us back from exploring the idea of moving there more. I would be really keen to hear how all of these plans pan out and if there would be any teaching vacancies If or how I could go about applying for them?
Hello and thank you for your interest. Currently we are going through feasibility studies but the aim is to have the school (as an IB applicant school) up and running for fall-19. This is though still just an aim, and it is not entirely sure that the school will indeed go ahead as there are still a few issues outstanding. I suggest that you keep your ear to the ground (if there were to be any announcements either way we would put it here as well). Regards Alex
Hi afinos We are looking to move to Corfu, and the only thing causing hesitation is schooling. It seems however financing your project seems to be the issue, here I may be able to help as I have quite a few contacts that may be interested, please feel free to contact me. James.
Hi Jo, We are still going through feasibility studies. The aim is to have it up and running sep 2020 (it could be earlier as well, but would like to stay realistic) but it is still not clear that the school will be up and running and it would be of the lower classes in the first couple of years in order for the school to grow into it organically. I suggest that you keep looking at this site occasionally to see if there will be any updates. Regards Alex
Hi, just a quick message to let you know that we are considering relocating to Corfu in 2020. My English speaking children will be 4 and 7 by then and we would be interested in attending this school. Regards Jacqui. I will also send you and email.