Home Jamaica Forum Jamaica Guide Moving to Jamaica Real Estate Healthcare in Jamaica
City Guides
Cigna International Health Insurance
JoinSign In
AGS Worldwide Movers

Jamaica Expat Forum

Move to be with boyfriend

Post New Topic
5/26/2019 10:11 EST


My partner is Jamaican and currently lives in Jamaica.

We met in June 2017 and took things very slowly, I’m lucky enough to work for a travel company so I visit him often.

We officially became a couple in June 2018.

My partner is currently sitting some exams as he went back to further education with the hope of starting university in Kingston this summer.

If this happens it is very likely I will move to be with him as we talk about this often.

I just don’t know where to begin, as a UK citizen myself what sort of things would I need to do?

Do I need a visa etc?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Post a Reply


5/26/2019 18:29 EST

I saw ur post. I mean no disrespect but can I ask are you a Black Brit or a non black Brit. I ask bc it will make a difference in your approach to being with your boyfriend with regards to governmental guidelines.
If you guys are not married with a valid marriage certificate or you have a job here in the island that is willing to fill out and sign paper works that they sponsor you to be here bc of work well ur time on the island with him will be short term in increments bc all foreingers are only allowed to stay no more than 6 months for the year.

I'm not sure what ur boyfriend is guiding you with but if he lives here he knows that about non Nationals trying to stay on the island. I would contact a good immigration lawyer just to be aware if any new updates.

I pray it works out for you bc some Jamaicans are desperate for US/UK dollars which I'm sure by now you've probably sent him from time to time. Just becareful.


Post a Reply


expat health insurance from CIGNA

Choosing an expat health insurance provider is an important decision. Get a quote from our trusted expat health insurance partner, CIGNA. With Cigna Global Health Options, you can create an international health insurance plan that's perfectly tailored for the needs of you and your family.

Learn More Get a Quote

6/3/2019 16:21 EST

No, you can actually get a visa for 6 months then extended it for another 6 then 18 months on so on.

Post a Reply


6/3/2019 20:32 EST

No you cannot keep extending your tourist visa and she could try and get an unconditional landing, but she might not qualify.

Post a Reply


Expatriate Health Insurance

Get a quote for expat health insurance in Jamaica.

International Moving Quotes

Moving to Jamaica? Get a moving quote.

Mail Forwarding to Jamaica

Mail Forwarding to Jamaica.

Expat Tax

Expat Tax Preparation, Expat Tax Professionals

Join Today (free)

Join Expat Exchange to meet expats in your area or get advice before your move. It's FREE and takes 1 minute!

Jamaica Guide
Other Links
Our Story Our Team Contact Us Submit an Article Advertising Travel Warnings

Copyright 1997-2019 Burlingame Interactive, Inc.

Privacy Policy Legal