CIGNA Expat Health Insurance

Mexico Expat Forum

There is a way

Post New Topic
2/6/2018 07:08 EST

I know some people that have gotten work permits as independent contractors. 2 of them are "artists". One started a property management company Lakeside. In my area, there are many young expat families where people get up and go to work everyday.

I don't know how but there is a way.

Post a Reply



From: Mexico
2/6/2018 13:35 EST

Expats with Residente Permanente visas may work, with simple notification to INM.

Expats with Residente Temporal visas may not work, unless granted specific permission, for a specific occupation, by INM authorities.

Expats with FMM tourist permits are prohibited from any lucrative activity in Mexico.

There are other FMM categories for qualified proffesionals, technical representatives, students, etc., etc.

Post a Reply


expat health insurance from CIGNA

Choosing an expat health insurance provider is an important decision. Get a quote from our trusted expat health insurance partner, CIGNA. With Cigna Global Health Options, you can create an international health insurance plan that's perfectly tailored for the needs of you and your family.

Learn More Get a Quote

2/13/2018 23:52 EST

Mr. RV. Does that mean if I do not have a residency visa that if I bought a condo or house I could not rent it out all or in part, because that would be considered
a lucrative activity ?

Post a Reply


Expatriate Health Insurance

Get a quote for expat health insurance in Mexico.

Mail Forwarding to Mexico

Mail Forwarding to Mexico.

Expat Tax

Expat Tax Preparation, Expat Tax Professionals

International Moving Companies

Moving to Mexico? Find a moving company.

Join Today (free)

Join Expat Exchange to meet expats in your area or get advice before your move. It's FREE and takes 1 minute!

Copyright 1997-2018 Burlingame Interactive, Inc.

Privacy Policy Legal