United States
City Guides
JoinSign In
Cigna International Health Insurance

United States Expat Forum

Moving back to USA

Post New Topic
4/4/2019 14:48 EST

Hello all, I need advise. My husbands a US citizen and so are my children. I have a valid Greencard. We lived in the US but had to come to England for family reasons. We moved back over in 2016 but again had to come back to England. Things have prolonged our stay and I have now been out of the US for almost 2 years. The immigration officer last time told me they would fine me if I went back without filing for a re-entry permit (which I didn’t do). What are my options? Do I risk flying ? Will they send me back to the UK? It’s such a mess ??

Post a Reply


4/5/2019 12:09 EST

Hi. I let my green card renewal slip after id left the US, I filled in a ESTA form and it was rejected. I had to go thro the whole process again. You need to contact a good immigration attorney in the US, ive a tel# if you need Good luck

Post a Reply


expat health insurance from CIGNA

Choosing an expat health insurance provider is an important decision. Get a quote from our trusted expat health insurance partner, CIGNA. With Cigna Global Health Options, you can create an international health insurance plan that's perfectly tailored for the needs of you and your family.

Get a Quote

4/7/2019 06:15 EST

Thank you but my greencard is still valid. I was just wondering about what will happen at the airport immigration when I get there. Surely they can’t deny me entry if I have a house and US citizen husband and children?

Post a Reply


4/7/2019 10:27 EST

Hi. If your green card is still valid , your fine, no problems at all .

Post a Reply


4/30/2020 16:16 EST

You will be fine because you have a green card.

For others reading this. The answer to your question:
"Surely they can’t deny me entry if I have a house and US citizen husband and children?"

Yes the USA can and will . If YOU are not legal you will not enter if you do not have the right paperwork no matter how many houses you have or who you are married to (exceptions may apply)

Post a Reply


Expatriate Health Insurance

Get a quote for expat health insurance in United States.

International Moving Quotes

Moving to United States? Get a moving quote.

Mail Forwarding to United States

Mail Forwarding to United States.

Expat Tax

Expat Tax Preparation, Expat Tax Professionals

Join Today (free)

Join Expat Exchange to meet expats in your area or get advice before your move. It's FREE and takes 1 minute!

List a Property!

Real Estate in The United States

View All Properties

List a Property!

United States Guide
Other Links
Our Story Our Team Contact Us Submit an Article Advertising Travel Warnings

Copyright 1997-2020 Burlingame Interactive, Inc.

Privacy Policy Legal