Retire in Ukraine
Last updated on May 12, 2023
Summary: Retirees are often attracted to Ukraine for its low cost of living, vibrant culture, and diverse landscape. Ukraine is known for its temperate continental climate, with warm summers and cold winters. Average temperatures in the summer range from 68-77°F (20-25°C), while winter temperatures range from 22-32°F (-5 to 0°C).
What is it like to retire in Ukraine?
"Life for a retiree in Ukraine and its surroundings can be quite enjoyable. There is an active expat community in Ukraine, with many retirees from other countries living in the country. There are plenty of cultural attractions to explore, such as the many churches and monasteries, as well as the many museums and galleries. There are also plenty of recreational activities to enjoy, such as hiking, biking, and skiing. For those looking for nightlife, there are plenty of bars, clubs, and restaurants to explore," commented one retiree living in Ukraine.
"Odessa is what you want it to be. It is a city of more than a million so yes it has everything," explained one retiree living in Odessa.
What advice do overseas retirees have for others considering retiring abroad?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What should I pack when moving to Ukraine?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Ukraine?
- Will I be able to find a job in Ukraine?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Ukraine appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Ukraine?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Ukraine accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Ukraine like?
- How are healthcare services Ukraine?
- What are medical services in Ukraine like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Ukraine?
- What are emergency services like in Ukraine?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Ukraine?
- How are local medical facilities in Ukraine?
- As a foreigner living in Ukraine, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?