Pros and Cons of Living in Mexico City
Last updated on Jul 04, 2023
Summary: The pros of living in Mexico City, Mexico include the vibrant culture, the delicious cuisine, and the affordable cost of living. Additionally, the city is home to many world-class museums, galleries, and other attractions. On the other hand, the cons of living in Mexico City include the high levels of air pollution, the traffic congestion, and the crime rate. Additionally, the city is prone to earthquakes and other natural disasters.
What are the pros and cons of living in Mexico City?
Expats, digital nomads and retirees living in Mexico City responded:
"I have lived in 8 US states and four foreign countries - 29 addresses in all. No where has the cultural and historical offerings while still be as affordable as Mexico City. The city has a near-perfect climate and is visually stunning," said one in Mexico City.
"I love Mexico City because there are a lot of things to do and it's a very walkable city. However, I recognize that it can be unsafe and this is the only negative," explained one expat in Mexico City.
What do expats in Mexico City appreciate most about the local culture?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- Expat Guide to Mexico City
- Healthcare & Health Insurance in Mexico City
- Cost of Living in Mexico City
- Essential Guide to the Health System in Mexico City
- The Insider's Guide to Mexico City
- Living in Mexico City
- International Schools in Mexico City
- 7 Best Neighborhoods in Mexico City
- Healthcare & Health Insurance in Mexico
- Best Places to Live in Mexico
- Retire in Playa del Carmen Guide
- What It's Like Living in Mexico City
- Pros and Cons of Living in Mexico 2023
- 2023 Guide to Moving to Mexico
- Members Talk about the Cost of Living in Mexico