Retire in Geneva, Switzerland
Last updated on Mar 16, 2023
Summary: Geneva, Switzerland is a popular destination for retirees due to its stunning natural beauty, vibrant culture, and excellent quality of life. The city enjoys a temperate climate with warm summers and mild winters, with temperatures ranging from an average of 41°F (5°C) in January to an average of 68°F (20°C) in July. There are several retirement communities in Geneva, offering a range of amenities and services for retirees. These communities typically offer a variety of housing options, from studio apartments to larger homes, as well as access to recreational activities, social events, and other services. The cost of buying a nice 2 bedroom home in Geneva is typically around $500,000 USD, while a nice 3 bedroom home can cost around $700,000 USD.
What is it like to retire in Geneva?
"Geneva and its surroundings offer retirees a vibrant and active lifestyle. There is an active expat community, with many retirees from all over the world living in the area. There are plenty of cultural attractions to explore, such as the many museums, galleries, and theaters. There are also plenty of recreational activities to enjoy, such as hiking, biking, and skiing in the nearby Alps. For those looking for a nightlife, there are plenty of bars, clubs, and restaurants to explore," said one retiree in living in Geneva, Switzerland.
What advice do overseas retirees have for others considering retiring abroad?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What do I need to know before moving to Geneva?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Geneva?
- What is the average cost of housing in Geneva?
- How do I meet people in Geneva?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Geneva?
- What should I pack when moving to Geneva?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Geneva?
- Will I be able to find a job in Geneva?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Geneva?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Geneva?
- What is the social scene like in Geneva?
- What advice to expats in Geneva have about housing?
- What are medical services in Geneva like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Geneva?
- Is the cost of living in Geneva high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Geneva?
- Why do people move to Geneva?