Retire in Ojochal, Costa Rica
Last updated on Apr 17, 2023
Summary: Ojochal, Costa Rica is a popular destination for retirees due to its stunning natural beauty, laid-back lifestyle, and affordable cost of living. The area is known for its lush rainforest, stunning beaches, and abundance of wildlife. There are several retirement communities in Ojochal, offering a variety of amenities such as swimming pools, tennis courts, and fitness centers. The cost of a nice 2 bedroom home in Ojochal is typically around $150,000 USD, while a nice 3 bedroom home can cost around $200,000 USD. The weather in Ojochal is typically warm and humid, with temperatures ranging from the mid-70s to the mid-80s Fahrenheit.
What is it like to retire in Ojochal?
"Life for a retiree in Ojochal and its surroundings is full of adventure and relaxation. The area is known for its lush rainforest, stunning beaches, and friendly locals. There is an active expat community in the area, with many retirees from the US and Canada. There are plenty of cultural attractions to explore, such as the nearby Nauyaca Waterfalls, the Corcovado National Park, and the nearby Osa Peninsula. There are also plenty of recreational activities to enjoy, such as fishing, kayaking, and horseback riding. For those looking for nightlife, there are plenty of bars and restaurants to explore, as well as live music and dancing," said one retiree in living in Ojochal, Costa Rica.
What advice do overseas retirees have for others considering retiring abroad?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Ojochal?
- How do I find a place to live in Ojochal?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Ojochal?
- What is the average cost of housing in Ojochal?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Ojochal?
- What should I pack when moving to Ojochal?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Ojochal?
- What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Ojochal?
- What are healthcare services like in Ojochal?
- Is the cost of living in Ojochal high?
- Will I save money living in Ojochal?
- Why do people move to Ojochal?
- How are healthcare services Ojochal?
- What are medical services in Ojochal like?