Cost of Living in Salinas, Ecuador
Last updated on Jan 18, 2023
Summary: What is the cost of living in Salinas, Ecuador? Hear what expats, digital nomads and retirees living in Salinas have to say about the cost of housing, health insurance and general living costs.
Is the cost of living in Salinas high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Salinas, they wrote:
"The cost of living in Salinas is generally considered to be average with some goods and services such as food and energy priced higher than other cities in the region," explained one expat.
What is the average cost of housing in Salinas?
If you are thinking about moving to Salinas, cost of living in probably a key consideration. Expats commented about the cost of housing:
"The cost of housing in Salinas generally ranges from relatively affordable to quite expensive, depending on the location, amenities, and size of the home," said another expat in Salinas.
"They are much lower. The average cost is hard to say because the range is so broad depending on what you want. I will say the property taxes are 1% of the purchase price per year," added another person living in Salinas.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Salinas?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Salinas?
- What is the average cost of housing in Salinas?
- How do I meet people in Salinas?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Salinas?
- What should I pack when moving to Salinas?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Salinas?
- Will I be able to find a job in Salinas?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Salinas?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Salinas?
- What is the social scene like in Salinas?
- What advice to expats in Salinas have about housing?
- What are medical services in Salinas like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Salinas?
- Is the cost of living in Salinas high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Salinas?
- Why do people move to Salinas?