Cost of Living in Bruges, Belgium
Last updated on Apr 16, 2023
Summary: The cost of living in Bruges, Belgium is generally considered to be quite high. A nice one bedroom apartment in Bruges can cost anywhere from $1,000 to $1,500 per month, while a nice two bedroom apartment can cost anywhere from $1,500 to $2,000 per month. The cost of dinner at a moderately priced restaurant in Bruges is usually around $20 to $30 per person.
Is the cost of living in Bruges high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Bruges, they wrote:
"The cost of living in Bruges is generally considered to be quite high. Rent prices for apartments in the city center can be quite expensive, and groceries and other everyday items can also be pricey. Eating out in restaurants can also be costly, but there are some more affordable options available. Transportation costs are relatively low, with public transportation being quite affordable," remarked one expat in Bruges.
Will I save money living in Bruges?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What should I pack when moving to Bruges?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Bruges?
- Will I be able to find a job in Bruges?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Bruges appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Bruges?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Bruges accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Bruges like?
- How are healthcare services in Bruges?
- What are medical services in Bruges like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Bruges?
- What are emergency services like in Bruges?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Bruges?
- How are local medical facilities in Bruges?
- As a foreigner living in Bruges, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?