Cost of Living in Tartu, Estonia
Last updated on Mar 21, 2023
Summary: The cost of living in Tartu, Estonia is generally considered to be quite affordable. A nice 1 bedroom apartment in Tartu can cost anywhere from 500 to 800 US Dollars per month, while a nice 2 bedroom apartment can cost from 700 to 1000 US Dollars per month. The cost of dinner at a moderately priced restaurant in Tartu is usually around 10 to 15 US Dollars per person.
Is the cost of living in Tartu high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Tartu, they wrote:
"The cost of living in Tartu is generally considered to be quite affordable. Rent prices are relatively low compared to other European cities, and groceries and other everyday items are also reasonably priced. Eating out in restaurants is also relatively inexpensive, and public transportation is affordable and efficient. Overall, Tartu is a great place to live for those looking for a good quality of life at an affordable price," said one expat in Tartu.
Will I save money living in Tartu?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What do I need to know before moving to Tartu?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Tartu?
- What is the average cost of housing in Tartu?
- How do I meet people in Tartu?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Tartu?
- What should I pack when moving to Tartu?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Tartu?
- Will I be able to find a job in Tartu?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Tartu?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Tartu?
- What is the social scene like in Tartu?
- What advice to expats in Tartu have about housing?
- What are medical services in Tartu like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Tartu?
- Is the cost of living in Tartu high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Tartu?
- Why do people move to Tartu?