Cost of Living in Stavanger, Norway
Last updated on Feb 21, 2023
Summary: The cost of living in Stavanger, Norway is generally high. A nice 1 bedroom apartment in Stavanger can cost anywhere from $1,500 to $2,500 per month, while a nice 2 bedroom apartment can cost anywhere from $2,000 to $3,500 per month. The cost of dinner at a moderately priced restaurant in Stavanger is usually around $30 per person.
Is the cost of living in Stavanger high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Stavanger, they wrote:
"The cost of living in Stavanger is generally considered to be high. Prices for basic necessities such as food, housing, and transportation are all relatively expensive compared to other cities in Norway. Additionally, the cost of entertainment and leisure activities can also be quite high," explained one expat living in Stavanger.
Will I save money living in Stavanger?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Stavanger?
- How do I find a place to live in Stavanger?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Stavanger?
- What is the average cost of housing in Stavanger?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Stavanger?
- What should I pack when moving to Stavanger?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Stavanger?
- What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Stavanger?
- What are healthcare services like in Stavanger?
- Is the cost of living in Stavanger high?
- Will I save money living in Stavanger?
- Why do people move to Stavanger?
- How are healthcare services in Stavanger?
- What are medical services in Stavanger like?