Real Estate in Olten, Switzerland
Last updated on Apr 05, 2023
Summary: The average cost of a nice 2 bedroom home in Olten, Switzerland is around $400,000 USD. A nice 3 bedroom home in Olten is around $500,000 USD. These properties typically include modern amenities such as updated kitchens, bathrooms, and living spaces. They may also include balconies, terraces, and/or gardens. Foreigners are allowed to purchase property in Olten, however, they must obtain a permit from the local canton. An expat looking to buy a home in Olten should begin by researching the local real estate market and familiarizing themselves with the local laws and regulations. They should also consider their budget and desired amenities when searching for a home. The most desirable neighborhoods in Olten include the city center, the old town, and the surrounding countryside. These areas offer a variety of amenities, including parks, restaurants, and shopping.
How do I find a place to live in Olten?
We asked expats how they chose their neighborhood and found a place to live. They answered:
"Finding a place to live in Olten can be done in a few different ways. Craigslist or other rental websites offer rental listings from landlords, private renters, or property owners. You can also visit the City of Olten's website for information about renting or other housing options. Additionally, local newspapers often carry real estate ads that list available apartments and houses for rent. Networking with local contacts is also a great way to find out about vacancies and other opportunities for housing. Finally, housing agencies and brokers can help to connect you with an appropriate rental property," remarked one member in Olten.
"www.immoscout.ch is a good website to find houses/apartments, both for sale and for rent. When you consider to buy a house: - may be a good idea as mortgage interest rates are low - keep in mind that a bank will not give mortgages for more than 80% of the value of the house. You need to finance the rest of the house yourself - check which legal conditions you must oblige when buying property. In particular, try to organise your work/stay permit before you buy, as this will make buying conditions easier and cheaper," explained one expat living in Olten, Switzerland.
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Olten?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What do I need to know before moving to Olten?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Olten?
- What is the average cost of housing in Olten?
- How do I meet people in Olten?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Olten?
- What should I pack when moving to Olten?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Olten?
- Will I be able to find a job in Olten?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Olten?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Olten?
- What is the social scene like in Olten?
- What advice to expats in Olten have about housing?
- What are medical services in Olten like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Olten?
- Is the cost of living in Olten high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Olten?
- Why do people move to Olten?