Real Estate in Paradise Island, Bahamas
Last updated on Jun 05, 2023
Summary: The average cost of a nice 2 bedroom home in Paradise Island, Bahamas is around $500,000 USD. A nice 3 bedroom home in Paradise Island is around $1,000,000 USD. These properties typically include modern amenities such as air conditioning, swimming pools, and private balconies. There are no restrictions on foreign ownership for properties in Paradise Island. An expat should search for a home to buy in Paradise Island by researching the local real estate market, consulting with a local real estate agent, and attending open houses. The most desirable neighborhoods in Paradise Island include Ocean Club Estates, Lyford Cay, and Albany.
How do I find a place to live in Paradise Island?
We asked expats how they chose their neighborhood and found a place to live. They answered:
"To find a place to live in Paradise Island, you can start by researching online on websites such as Zillow, Realtor.com, or Bahamas Realty. These websites provide listings of available properties, including houses, apartments, and condos, along with their prices, photos, and descriptions. Another option is to contact local real estate agents who specialize in Paradise Island properties. They can provide you with personalized assistance in finding a suitable place to live based on your preferences and budget. You can find these agents through online searches or by asking for recommendations from friends or colleagues who have experience in the area. Social media platforms, such as Facebook, can also be helpful in finding a place to live. Join local community groups or expat forums where people often share information about available rentals or properties for sale. If you are planning a visit to Paradise Island, consider staying in a vacation rental or Airbnb property. This will give you a chance to explore the area and get a feel for the neighborhoods before committing to a long-term rental or purchase. Lastly, don't forget to consider factors such as proximity to amenities, safety, and transportation options when choosing a place to live in Paradise Island," explained one person living in Paradise Island, Bahamas.
"There are many rental and housing options available in Paradise Island. You can head to a rental agency or visit local real estate websites to start your search. It is also possible to find furnished short-term lodging through Airbnb or other short-term rental websites. You can also check notices posted at public locations in the area such as churches, bus stops, convenience stores, and post offices. Networking with friends and family living in Paradise Island may help as well as asking locals for referrals on accommodations," said one expat in Paradise Island.
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Paradise Island?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What should I pack when moving to Paradise Island?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Paradise Island?
- Will I be able to find a job in Paradise Island?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Paradise Island appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Paradise Island?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Paradise Island accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Paradise Island like?
- How are healthcare services Paradise Island?
- What are medical services in Paradise Island like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Paradise Island?
- What are emergency services like in Paradise Island?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Paradise Island?
- How are local medical facilities in Paradise Island?
- As a foreigner living in Paradise Island, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?