Real Estate in Tallinn, Estonia
Last updated on Apr 02, 2023
Summary: The average cost of a nice 2 bedroom home in Tallinn, Estonia is around €200,000, while a nice 3 bedroom home is around €250,000. These properties typically include modern amenities such as central heating, air conditioning, and high-speed internet. They may also include a balcony, terrace, or garden. There are no restrictions on foreign ownership for properties in Tallinn. Expats should search for a home to buy in Tallinn by using online real estate portals, such as City24.ee, or by contacting a local real estate agent. The most desirable neighborhoods in Tallinn include the Old Town, Kalamaja, and Pirita. These areas are known for their vibrant culture, excellent restaurants, and easy access to public transportation.
How do I find a place to live in Tallinn?
We asked expats how they chose their neighborhood and found a place to live. They answered:
"One of the best ways to find a place to live in Tallinn is to use online rental websites such as City24.ee or Rent.ee. These websites allow you to search for rental properties in Tallinn by location, price, size, and other criteria. Additionally, you can also search for rental properties on popular real estate websites such as KV.ee or Realigro.com. You can also find rental properties by contacting local real estate agents or by asking around in the local community," explained one expat living in Tallinn, Estonia.
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Tallinn?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What do I need to know before moving to Tallinn?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Tallinn?
- What is the average cost of housing in Tallinn?
- How do I meet people in Tallinn?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Tallinn?
- What should I pack when moving to Tallinn?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Tallinn?
- Will I be able to find a job in Tallinn?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Tallinn?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Tallinn?
- What is the social scene like in Tallinn?
- What advice to expats in Tallinn have about housing?
- What are medical services in Tallinn like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Tallinn?
- Is the cost of living in Tallinn high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Tallinn?
- Why do people move to Tallinn?