Real Estate in Stavanger, Norway
Last updated on Feb 08, 2023
Summary: The most desirable neighborhoods in Stavanger, Norway are Våland, Hillevåg, and Madla. The average cost to buy a nice 2 bedroom home in Stavanger is around $400,000 USD, while a nice 3 bedroom home is around $500,000 USD. These properties typically include modern amenities such as updated kitchens, bathrooms, and living spaces. Foreigners are allowed to purchase property in Stavanger, however, they must obtain a residence permit from the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration. The best way for an expat to search for a home to buy in Stavanger is to use a real estate agent or search online for listings. It is also important to research the local market and understand the different neighborhoods in the city.
How do I find a place to live in Stavanger?
We asked expats how they chose their neighborhood and found a place to live. They answered:
"One of the best ways to find a place to live in Stavanger is to search online for rental listings. There are many websites that offer listings for apartments, houses, and other types of rental properties in the area. Additionally, you can also search for rental listings in local newspapers and on bulletin boards in the city. Additionally, you can also contact local real estate agents who can help you find a suitable place to live in Stavanger," said one expat who made the move to Stavanger.
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Stavanger?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Stavanger?
- How do I find a place to live in Stavanger?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Stavanger?
- What is the average cost of housing in Stavanger?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Stavanger?
- What should I pack when moving to Stavanger?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Stavanger?
- What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Stavanger?
- What are healthcare services like in Stavanger?
- Is the cost of living in Stavanger high?
- Will I save money living in Stavanger?
- Why do people move to Stavanger?
- How are healthcare services in Stavanger?
- What are medical services in Stavanger like?