What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Lyon?
We asked expat moms who gave birth in Lyon about their experiences and advice they have for other moms to be. They said...
"Having a baby in Lyon can be an exciting and enriching experience! Make sure you are well prepared for the pregnancy and birthing process by researching local maternity services and childbirth regulations. Ask other pregnant expats in your community or at a local antenatal class for advice and support. If you are expecting a baby whilst living abroad, you may need to provide supplementary documents in order to register the birth with the French authorities. Additionally, look into registering for a French health care system to ensure your baby is covered. Finally, find a supportive group of new parents in your local area or online who can provide advice and companionship as you embark on your journey as a parent in France," remarked another expat in Lyon, France, France.
- What should I pack when moving to Lyon?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Lyon?
- Will I be able to find a job in Lyon?
- What is life like in Lyon?
- What do expats in Lyon appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Lyon?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Lyon accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Lyon like?
- What are healthcare services like in Lyon?
- What are medical services in Lyon like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Lyon?
- What are emergency services like in Lyon?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Lyon?
- How are local medical facilities in Lyon?
- As a foreigner living in Lyon, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Lyon?If you live in Lyon, newcomers to Lyon would love to hear your answer to this question.