What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Stavanger?
We asked expat moms who gave birth in Stavanger about their experiences and advice they have for other moms to be. They said...
"1. Make sure to research the healthcare system in Norway and familiarize yourself with the maternity services available in Stavanger. 2. Consider joining a local expat group or forum to connect with other expats who have had babies in Stavanger and can provide advice and support. 3. Take advantage of the free antenatal classes offered by the Norwegian health service to learn about the birthing process and what to expect. 4. Make sure to register with a local doctor and midwife as soon as possible to ensure you have access to the best possible care during your pregnancy. 5. Consider hiring a doula or birth assistant to provide additional support during the birthing process. 6. Familiarize yourself with the Norwegian language and culture to make the transition to parenthood in Norway smoother," wrote a member who made the move to Stavanger, Norway.
"If she were able to have a natural child birth, I would say 'go for it'. If she knew up front that she needed a c-section or there could be any complications, I would say 'run'," explained one expat living in Stavanger, Norway.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Stavanger?
- What do I need to know before moving to Stavanger?
- How do I find a place to live in Stavanger?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Stavanger?
- What is the average cost of housing in Stavanger?
- How do I meet people in Stavanger?
- What should I pack when moving to Stavanger?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Stavanger?
- Will I be able to find a job in Stavanger?
- What is life like in Stavanger?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Stavanger?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Stavanger?
- What is the social scene like in Stavanger?
- What advice to expats in Stavanger have about housing?
- What are medical services in Stavanger like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Stavanger?
- Is the cost of living in Stavanger high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Stavanger?
- Why do people move to Stavanger?
What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Stavanger?If you live in Stavanger, newcomers to Stavanger would love to hear your answer to this question.