What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Moscow?
We asked expat moms who gave birth in Moscow about their experiences and advice they have for other moms to be. They said...
"1. Make sure to research the medical care available in Moscow and find a doctor or midwife that you trust and feel comfortable with. 2. Consider taking a childbirth preparation class to help you prepare for the birth. 3. Familiarize yourself with the maternity and childcare services available in Moscow, such as hospitals, clinics, and childcare centers. 4. Make sure to register your baby with the local authorities as soon as possible after the birth. 5. Consider joining an expat group or forum to connect with other expats who have had babies in Moscow and can provide advice and support. 6. Take advantage of the cultural attractions and activities available in Moscow, such as museums, parks, and festivals, to help you and your family adjust to life in the city," said a member in Moscow, Russia.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to Moscow?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Moscow?
- Will I be able to find a job in Moscow?
- What is life like in Moscow?
- What do expats in Moscow appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Moscow?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Moscow accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Moscow like?
- What are healthcare services like in Moscow?
- What are medical services in Moscow like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Moscow?
- What are emergency services like in Moscow?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Moscow?
- How are local medical facilities in Moscow?
- As a foreigner living in Moscow, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Moscow?If you live in Moscow, newcomers to Moscow would love to hear your answer to this question.