What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Antalya?
We asked people in Antalya if they could share any humorous cultural blunders they commited. For new expats, keep in mind that these incidents are an inevitable part of expat life. Learning to laugh about them is the key!...
"It is important to be mindful of cultural norms when visiting Antalya. It is important to dress modestly, especially when visiting religious sites. It is also important to be respectful of local customs and traditions, such as not eating or drinking in public during Ramadan. Additionally, it is important to be aware of the local language and to avoid speaking loudly in public. It is also important to be aware of the local customs regarding physical contact, such as avoiding public displays of affection. Finally, it is important to be respectful of local religious beliefs and to avoid discussing sensitive topics such as politics or religion," said a member in Antalya, Turkey.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to Antalya?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Antalya?
- Will I be able to find a job in Antalya?
- What is life like in Antalya?
- What do expats in Antalya appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Antalya?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Antalya accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Antalya like?
- What are healthcare services like in Antalya?
- What are medical services in Antalya like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Antalya?
- What are emergency services like in Antalya?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Antalya?
- How are local medical facilities in Antalya?
- As a foreigner living in Antalya, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Antalya?If you live in Antalya, newcomers to Antalya would love to hear your answer to this question.