What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Porlamar?
We asked people in Porlamar if they could share any humorous cultural blunders they commited. For new expats, keep in mind that these incidents are an inevitable part of expat life. Learning to laugh about them is the key!...
"It is important to be mindful of cultural norms when visiting Porlamar. It is considered rude to be late for appointments or social engagements, so it is important to arrive on time. It is also important to dress modestly and to avoid wearing revealing clothing. Additionally, it is important to be respectful of local customs and traditions, and to avoid making negative comments about the country or its people. Finally, it is important to be aware of the local language and to avoid speaking English in public, as this can be seen as disrespectful," remarked another expat who made the move to Porlamar, Venezuela.
"Just your 'getting to know the language' screw-ups, but everyone I encountered was very undersatnding and helpful," explained one expat living in Porlamar, Venezuela.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Porlamar?
- What do I need to know before moving to Porlamar?
- How do I find a place to live in Porlamar?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Porlamar?
- What is the average cost of housing in Porlamar?
- How do I meet people in Porlamar?
- What should I pack when moving to Porlamar?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Porlamar?
- Will I be able to find a job in Porlamar?
- What is life like in Porlamar?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Porlamar?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Porlamar?
- What is the social scene like in Porlamar?
- What advice to expats in Porlamar have about housing?
- What are medical services in Porlamar like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Porlamar?
- Is the cost of living in Porlamar high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Porlamar?
- Why do people move to Porlamar?
What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Porlamar?If you live in Porlamar, newcomers to Porlamar would love to hear your answer to this question.