What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Cabo San Lucas?
We asked people in Cabo San Lucas if they could share any humorous cultural blunders they commited. For new expats, keep in mind that these incidents are an inevitable part of expat life. Learning to laugh about them is the key!...
"In Cabo San Lucas, it is important to dress modestly, particularly when visiting churches or other religious sites. Visitors should also be aware of and cautious with public displays of affection, such as kissing and holding hands, which may not be as accepted or tolerated as in other parts of the world. When dining out, it is considered bad form to ask for items not listed on the menu, as well as to leave a very small tip, or not tip at all. Furthermore, it is important to show respect to Mexican customs and reverence to the local people. Finally, some public places may be smoke-free zones, so visitors should double check before lighting a cigarette," said another expat in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
- What should I pack when moving to Cabo San Lucas?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Cabo San Lucas?
- Will I be able to find a job in Cabo San Lucas?
- What is life like in Cabo San Lucas?
- What do expats in Cabo San Lucas appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Cabo San Lucas?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Cabo San Lucas accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Cabo San Lucas like?
- What are healthcare services like in Cabo San Lucas?
- What are medical services in Cabo San Lucas like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Cabo San Lucas?
- What are emergency services like in Cabo San Lucas?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Cabo San Lucas?
- How are local medical facilities in Cabo San Lucas?
- As a foreigner living in Cabo San Lucas, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Cabo San Lucas?If you live in Cabo San Lucas, newcomers to Cabo San Lucas would love to hear your answer to this question.