What do expats in Heidelberg appreciate most about the local culture?
We asked expats and digital nomads what they appreciate the most about the local culture in Heidelberg. They wrote...
"Expats in Heidelberg appreciate the city's rich cultural heritage, which includes a variety of museums, galleries, and historic sites. They also enjoy the city's vibrant nightlife, with its many bars, clubs, and restaurants. Additionally, expats appreciate the city's friendly and welcoming atmosphere, as well as its excellent public transportation system. Heidelberg is also known for its beautiful scenery, with its picturesque river, rolling hills, and lush forests. Finally, expats appreciate the city's strong sense of community, with its many festivals, events, and activities," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Heidelberg, Germany.
"Americans are often fake in friendships. We'll 'friend' anyone and not take it seriously. Germans take longer to establish friendships but they are solid friends. Germans work to live, where Americas live to work. We put job as a high priority, Germans put the holiday as a high priority. You can laugh about the 30 days of vacation, but they have similiar productivity output as the USA," commented one expat who made the move to Heidelberg, Germany.
- What should I pack when moving to Heidelberg?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Heidelberg?
- Will I be able to find a job in Heidelberg?
- What is life like in Heidelberg?
- What do expats in Heidelberg appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Heidelberg?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Heidelberg accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Heidelberg like?
- What are healthcare services like in Heidelberg?
- What are medical services in Heidelberg like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Heidelberg?
- What are emergency services like in Heidelberg?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Heidelberg?
- How are local medical facilities in Heidelberg?
- As a foreigner living in Heidelberg, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do expats in Heidelberg appreciate most about the local culture?If you live in Heidelberg, newcomers to Heidelberg would love to hear your answer to this question.