What do expats find most challenging?
We asked expats and digital nomads what they find the most challenging about the local culture in Johannesburg. They wrote...
"Expats in Johannesburg often find the local culture to be quite different from what they are used to. The language barrier can be a challenge, as English is not widely spoken in many parts of the city. Additionally, the cost of living in Johannesburg is quite high, making it difficult for expats to adjust to the local economy. Furthermore, the city is known for its high crime rate, which can be intimidating for newcomers. Finally, the cultural norms and expectations can be difficult to navigate, as they are often quite different from those of other countries," explained one expat living in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to Johannesburg?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Johannesburg?
- Will I be able to find a job in Johannesburg?
- What is life like in Johannesburg?
- What do expats in Johannesburg appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Johannesburg?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Johannesburg accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Johannesburg like?
- What are healthcare services like in Johannesburg?
- What are medical services in Johannesburg like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Johannesburg?
- What are emergency services like in Johannesburg?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Johannesburg?
- How are local medical facilities in Johannesburg?
- As a foreigner living in Johannesburg, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do expats find most challenging?If you live in Johannesburg, newcomers to Johannesburg would love to hear your answer to this question.