What do expats find most challenging?
We asked expats and digital nomads what they find the most challenging about the local culture in Tel Aviv. They wrote...
"One of the most challenging aspects of the local culture for expats in Tel Aviv is the language barrier. Hebrew is the official language of Israel, and many locals do not speak English. This can make it difficult for expats to communicate with locals and to navigate everyday life. Additionally, the local culture is quite different from many other cultures, and expats may find it difficult to adjust to the different customs and norms. For example, the Israeli culture is quite informal, and people often address each other by their first names. This can be confusing for expats who are used to more formal forms of address. Finally, the Israeli culture is quite fast-paced, and expats may find it difficult to keep up with the pace of life," remarked another expat who made the move to Tel Aviv, Israel.
"Inefficiency. Dirtiness. Extremely aggressive rudeness on occasion (ex. bus drivers screaming and threatening you) Cars parking on sidewalks and in the right driving lane--for real," explained one expat living in Ramat Gan, Israel.
- What should I pack when moving to Tel Aviv?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Tel Aviv?
- Will I be able to find a job in Tel Aviv?
- What is life like in Tel Aviv?
- What do expats in Tel Aviv appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Tel Aviv?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Tel Aviv accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Tel Aviv like?
- What are healthcare services like in Tel Aviv?
- What are medical services in Tel Aviv like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Tel Aviv?
- What are emergency services like in Tel Aviv?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Tel Aviv?
- How are local medical facilities in Tel Aviv?
- As a foreigner living in Tel Aviv, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do expats find most challenging?If you live in Tel Aviv, newcomers to Tel Aviv would love to hear your answer to this question.