What do expats find most challenging?
We asked expats and digital nomads what they find the most challenging about the local culture in Wellington. They wrote...
"Expats in Wellington often find the local culture to be quite different from what they are used to. The weather can be unpredictable and the wind can be quite strong, making it difficult to plan outdoor activities. The cost of living is also quite high, making it difficult for expats to adjust to the local economy. Additionally, the local culture is quite laid-back and relaxed, which can be a challenge for expats who are used to a more fast-paced lifestyle. Finally, the local language, Maori, can be difficult to learn and understand, making it difficult for expats to fully integrate into the local culture," wrote a member who made the move to Wellington, New Zealand.
Get a free international health insurance quote from our partner, Allianz Care, whose plans ensure that you have access to quality healthcare whenever you need it. Allianz's flexible solutions allow you to tailor your cover to meet your needs and budget.
Get a Quote
- What should I pack when moving to Wellington?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Wellington?
- Will I be able to find a job in Wellington?
- What is life like in Wellington?
- What do expats in Wellington appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Wellington?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Wellington accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Wellington like?
- What are healthcare services like in Wellington?
- What are medical services in Wellington like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Wellington?
- What are emergency services like in Wellington?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Wellington?
- How are local medical facilities in Wellington?
- As a foreigner living in Wellington, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do expats find most challenging?If you live in Wellington, newcomers to Wellington would love to hear your answer to this question.