What do expats find most challenging?
We asked expats and digital nomads what they find the most challenging about the local culture in Tromso. They wrote...
"Expats often find adjusting to an unfamiliar culture to be one of the most challenging aspects of their experience. Language barriers and understanding the local customs and expectations can be a steep learning curve and navigating a new bureaucracy in a foreign country can be daunting. Building a social network from scratch can be difficult, especially when dealing with limited resources, and finding a job can be difficult when lacking local contacts in the job market. Expats may also find it difficult to adjust to the different cost of living from their home country, which can have a big impact on their lifestyle. Finally, distance from family and friends back home can add to the challenge of expat life," explained one expat living in Tromso, Norway.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to Tromso?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Tromso?
- Will I be able to find a job in Tromso?
- What is life like in Tromso?
- What do expats in Tromso appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Tromso?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Tromso accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Tromso like?
- What are healthcare services like in Tromso?
- What are medical services in Tromso like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Tromso?
- What are emergency services like in Tromso?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Tromso?
- How are local medical facilities in Tromso?
- As a foreigner living in Tromso, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do expats find most challenging?If you live in Tromso, newcomers to Tromso would love to hear your answer to this question.