What do expats find most challenging?
We asked expats and digital nomads what they find the most challenging about the local culture in Nueva Gorgona. They wrote...
"Not knowing the language. Government processes, inefficiencies, inconsistent building requirements, ie; stairs of all heights! No protection from large drop offs (lack of building code) must be very careful and watch where one is stepping," explained one expat living in Nueva Gorgona, Coronado, Panama.
"I am the first to admit that learning a new language at an advanced age is a challenge. It's not easy but I'm plugging along and it's coming. Sometimes I'm challenged finding ingredients for a recipe but, I must admit, it's more reverse culture shock visiting the US and seeing the multitude of choices for any item and trying to decide which one to buy. Here either they have it or they don't, it's as easy as that," said another expat in Nueva Gorgona, Panama.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Nueva Gorgona?
- What do I need to know before moving to Nueva Gorgona?
- How do I find a place to live in Nueva Gorgona?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Nueva Gorgona?
- What is the average cost of housing in Nueva Gorgona?
- How do I meet people in Nueva Gorgona?
- What should I pack when moving to Nueva Gorgona?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Nueva Gorgona?
- Will I be able to find a job in Nueva Gorgona?
- What is life like in Nueva Gorgona?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Nueva Gorgona?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Nueva Gorgona?
- What is the social scene like in Nueva Gorgona?
- What advice to expats in Nueva Gorgona have about housing?
- What are medical services in Nueva Gorgona like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Nueva Gorgona?
- Is the cost of living in Nueva Gorgona high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Nueva Gorgona?
- Why do people move to Nueva Gorgona?
What do expats find most challenging?If you live in Nueva Gorgona, newcomers to Nueva Gorgona would love to hear your answer to this question.