What do expats find most challenging?
We asked expats and digital nomads what they find the most challenging about the local culture in Al Khobar. They wrote...
"One of the most challenging aspects of the local culture for expats in Al Khobar is the strict adherence to Islamic law and customs. This includes the requirement to dress modestly, the prohibition of alcohol, and the segregation of men and women in public spaces. Additionally, the lack of freedom of speech and expression can be difficult for expats to adjust to, as well as the lack of public entertainment and leisure activities. Expats may also find it difficult to adjust to the conservative social norms, such as the expectation that women should not be seen in public without a male guardian," wrote a member who made the move to Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia.
"More for the wives than the husbands. Prayer time while trying to shop. Stores closed during the middle of the day for several hours. Relying on others to transport the ladies around," explained one expat living in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Al Khobar?
- What do I need to know before moving to Al Khobar?
- How do I find a place to live in Al Khobar?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Al Khobar?
- What is the average cost of housing in Al Khobar?
- How do I meet people in Al Khobar?
- What should I pack when moving to Al Khobar?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Al Khobar?
- Will I be able to find a job in Al Khobar?
- What is life like in Al Khobar?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Al Khobar?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Al Khobar?
- What is the social scene like in Al Khobar?
- What advice to expats in Al Khobar have about housing?
- What are medical services in Al Khobar like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Al Khobar?
- Is the cost of living in Al Khobar high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Al Khobar?
- Why do people move to Al Khobar?
What do expats find most challenging?If you live in Al Khobar, newcomers to Al Khobar would love to hear your answer to this question.