What are the most rewarding aspects of retiring in San Jose?
We asked retirees what they find the most rewarding about retiring in San Jose. They wrote...
"Retiring in San Jose offers a variety of rewarding experiences. The country offers ample opportunity to explore the natural beauty of its lush rainforests, magnificent volcanoes, remote beaches and extensive inland waterways. The climate is mild and pleasant year-round, making it much easier to experience outdoor activities. The affordable cost of living and abundance of quality health care services and amenities make it ideal for those seeking a comfortable retirement. Finally, the country's welcoming and friendly people create a warm and inviting atmosphere," wrote a member who made the move to San Jose, Costa Rica, Costa Rica.
Quickly and easily find trusted moving, insurance, relocation and other providers with Expat Exchange's Moving Planner. Select which of our trusted partners you would like to hear from and we'll do the rest.
Get Started Now
"Making new friends in Costa Rica. Not expats so much, but Ticos. I also enjoy traveling around the country on the buses which are safe and comfortable. I have my own routine. I walk a lot, eat healthier food," explained one expat living in San Jose, Costa Rica.
- What should I pack when moving to San Jose?
- Where should I setup a bank account in San Jose?
- Will I be able to find a job in San Jose?
- What is life like in San Jose?
- What do expats in San Jose appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in San Jose?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in San Jose accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in San Jose like?
- What are healthcare services like in San Jose?
- What are medical services in San Jose like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in San Jose?
- What are emergency services like in San Jose?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in San Jose?
- How are local medical facilities in San Jose?
- As a foreigner living in San Jose, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What are the most rewarding aspects of retiring in San Jose?If you live in San Jose, newcomers to San Jose would love to hear your answer to this question.