What are the most rewarding aspects of retiring in Leiden?
We asked retirees what they find the most rewarding about retiring in Leiden. They wrote...
"Retiring in Leiden offers a variety of rewarding experiences. The city is known for its rich history, with many historical sites and monuments to explore. The city also offers a vibrant cultural scene, with a variety of museums, galleries, and theaters. Leiden is also home to a number of parks and green spaces, providing plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities. The city is also well-connected to the rest of the Netherlands, making it easy to explore the rest of the country. Finally, the city is known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere, making it a great place to settle down and enjoy retirement," commented one expat who made the move to Leiden, The Netherlands.
Get a free international health insurance quote from our partner, Allianz Care, whose plans ensure that you have access to quality healthcare whenever you need it. Allianz's flexible solutions allow you to tailor your cover to meet your needs and budget.
Get a Quote
- What should I pack when moving to Leiden?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Leiden?
- Will I be able to find a job in Leiden?
- What is life like in Leiden?
- What do expats in Leiden appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Leiden?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Leiden accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Leiden like?
- What are healthcare services like in Leiden?
- What are medical services in Leiden like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Leiden?
- What are emergency services like in Leiden?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Leiden?
- How are local medical facilities in Leiden?
- As a foreigner living in Leiden, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What are the most rewarding aspects of retiring in Leiden?If you live in Leiden, newcomers to Leiden would love to hear your answer to this question.