What is it like to retire in Vienna?
We asked retirees what it is like retiring in Vienna. They said...
"Vienna is a wonderful city for anyone considering retirement and there is a thriving expat community, making it easy to find like-minded people to socialize with. With its abundance of parks, gardens and recreational facilities, there are plenty of leisurely activities to enjoy on warm days. From the Kunsthistorisches Museum to the Spanish Riding School and numerous other cultural attractions, there is something of interest for all visitiors. Vienna is particularly well known for its dramatic opera and excellent dining establishments, and the city is alive with energy at night, with plenty of clubs, discos, theaters and clubs to explore. From day trips to the nearby wineries to relaxing boat rides along the Danube, Vienna has something to offer all ages," commented one expat who made the move to Vienna, Austria, Austria.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to Vienna?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Vienna?
- Will I be able to find a job in Vienna?
- What is life like in Vienna?
- What do expats in Vienna appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Vienna?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Vienna accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Vienna like?
- What are healthcare services like in Vienna?
- What are medical services in Vienna like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Vienna?
- What are emergency services like in Vienna?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Vienna?
- How are local medical facilities in Vienna?
- As a foreigner living in Vienna, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is it like to retire in Vienna?If you live in Vienna, newcomers to Vienna would love to hear your answer to this question.