Is the cost of living in San Jose high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in San Jose, they wrote...
"The cost of living in San Jose is relatively affordable compared to most other capital cities in the world. Basic commodities like food, housing, public transportation and other basic services are generally affordable. It is possible to save some money on meals by shopping at local markets and cooking at home. Accommodation prices can range from very inexpensive options to more expensive luxury properties. Prices for rental properties can be high but there are still some cheaper options available. Taxes and utilities can be higher than other cities in Costa Rica, but they are still usually quite affordable," said a member in San Jose, Costa Rica, Costa Rica.
"Depends on lifestyle. I eat all my meals in restaurants, go to coffee shops, have a big social life and go on a lot of dates, I travel every month. My expense including all this are around $3500/mo," remarked another expat who made the move to San Jose, Costa Rica.
- What do I need to know before retiring in San Jose?
- What do I need to know before moving to San Jose?
- How do I find a place to live in San Jose?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in San Jose?
- What is the average cost of housing in San Jose?
- How do I meet people in San Jose?
- What should I pack when moving to San Jose?
- Where should I setup a bank account in San Jose?
- Will I be able to find a job in San Jose?
- What is life like in San Jose?
- What do people like (and dislike) about San Jose?
- What type of social life can someone expect in San Jose?
- What is the social scene like in San Jose?
- What advice to expats in San Jose have about housing?
- What are medical services in San Jose like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in San Jose?
- Is the cost of living in San Jose high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in San Jose?
- Why do people move to San Jose?
Is the cost of living in San Jose high?If you live in San Jose, newcomers to San Jose would love to hear your answer to this question.