Is the cost of living in Bishkek high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Bishkek, they wrote...
"The cost of living in Bishkek is relatively low compared to other cities in the region. Basic necessities such as food, transportation, and utilities are generally affordable. Rent prices can vary depending on the area and quality of the accommodation, but are generally lower than in other cities in the region. Eating out is also relatively inexpensive, with a meal at a mid-range restaurant costing around $5-10," remarked another expat who made the move to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- What should I pack when moving to Bishkek?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Bishkek?
- Will I be able to find a job in Bishkek?
- What is life like in Bishkek?
- What do expats in Bishkek appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Bishkek?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Bishkek accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Bishkek like?
- What are healthcare services like in Bishkek?
- What are medical services in Bishkek like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Bishkek?
- What are emergency services like in Bishkek?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Bishkek?
- How are local medical facilities in Bishkek?
- As a foreigner living in Bishkek, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Is the cost of living in Bishkek high?If you live in Bishkek, newcomers to Bishkek would love to hear your answer to this question.