Is the cost of living in Coimbra high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Coimbra, they wrote...
"Coimbra, is considered to be a relatively affordable city to live in, especially when compared to larger cities such as Lisbon or Porto. The cost of renting an apartment in the city center is quite reasonable, while those looking to live outside of the city center can find even cheaper options. The cost of groceries in Coimbra is also quite affordable, with local markets and supermarkets offering a wide range of products at reasonable prices. Eating out in Coimbra can be quite inexpensive as well, especially if you stick to local, traditional restaurants. Public transportation in Coimbra is also quite affordable, with a well-connected network of buses and trains servicing the city and surrounding areas. However, many residents choose to walk or bike, as the city is quite compact and easy to navigate. Utilities such as electricity, heating, cooling, and water are also reasonably priced in Coimbra. Internet and mobile phone plans are also quite affordable, with various providers offering competitive rates. Overall, the cost of living in Coimbra is quite low, making it an attractive option for those looking to live in Portugal on a budget. However, it's important to note that salaries in Coimbra are also generally lower than in larger cities, so this should be taken into account when considering the overall cost of living," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Coimbra, Portugal.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Coimbra?
- What do I need to know before moving to Coimbra?
- How do I find a place to live in Coimbra?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Coimbra?
- What is the average cost of housing in Coimbra?
- How do I meet people in Coimbra?
- What should I pack when moving to Coimbra?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Coimbra?
- Will I be able to find a job in Coimbra?
- What is life like in Coimbra?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Coimbra?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Coimbra?
- What is the social scene like in Coimbra?
- What advice to expats in Coimbra have about housing?
- What are medical services in Coimbra like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Coimbra?
- Is the cost of living in Coimbra high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Coimbra?
- Why do people move to Coimbra?
Is the cost of living in Coimbra high?If you live in Coimbra, newcomers to Coimbra would love to hear your answer to this question.