What are healthcare services like in Antalya?
We asked retirees if they have access to good medical care in Antalya. They wrote...
"Antalya offers a wide range of healthcare services. The city has several hospitals and clinics that provide a variety of medical services, including general medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, and emergency care. Additionally, there are specialized centers for cardiology, oncology, and neurology. The city also has a number of pharmacies and laboratories that provide diagnostic and laboratory services. Furthermore, there are a number of private healthcare providers that offer a range of services, including cosmetic surgery, dentistry, and physical therapy," remarked another expat who made the move to Antalya, Turkey.
"Yes, there are many excellent hospitals in Turkey, with there being no waiting to see a doctor, or to have an operation. An ever growing amount of people come to Turkey for operations as the costs here are very reasonable compared to those in the UK. I personally have had two operations here with no problems at all. As I am covered by private health insurance I do not know what costs are. But have been informed by friends costs here are very reasonable. These do however, vary, especially here in Istanbul. I have found the Baskent Hospital to be excellent for both service and costs," explained one expat living in Antalya, Turkey.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to Antalya?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Antalya?
- Will I be able to find a job in Antalya?
- What is life like in Antalya?
- What do expats in Antalya appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Antalya?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Antalya accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Antalya like?
- What are healthcare services like in Antalya?
- What are medical services in Antalya like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Antalya?
- What are emergency services like in Antalya?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Antalya?
- How are local medical facilities in Antalya?
- As a foreigner living in Antalya, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What are healthcare services like in Antalya?If you live in Antalya, newcomers to Antalya would love to hear your answer to this question.