What are healthcare services like in San Jose?
We asked retirees if they have access to good medical care in San Jose. They wrote...
"San Jose, the capital of Costa Rica, offers numerous state-funded healthcare services. The city has several large public hospitals, as well as smaller clinics and specialty centers. There are also multiple private healthcare facilities within the city. Healthcare staff in San Jose are known for their compassion and excellent patient care. The services available in the city are comprehensive, ranging from basic care to specialty services such as cancer treatment. San Jose also hosts a variety of specialists, including allergists, cardiologists, and neurosurgeons," explained one expat living in San Jose, Costa Rica, Costa Rica.
"My insurance provides coverage at Hospital Biblical, a private hospital with an excellent reputation. It is not close: two buses and a short walk. Or a 6,000 colon cab ride ($11.50). Minor things like colds, infections, etc I go to the pharmacy," said another expat in San Jose, Costa Rica.
- What do I need to know before retiring in San Jose?
- What do I need to know before moving to San Jose?
- How do I find a place to live in San Jose?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in San Jose?
- What is the average cost of housing in San Jose?
- How do I meet people in San Jose?
- What should I pack when moving to San Jose?
- Where should I setup a bank account in San Jose?
- Will I be able to find a job in San Jose?
- What is life like in San Jose?
- What do people like (and dislike) about San Jose?
- What type of social life can someone expect in San Jose?
- What is the social scene like in San Jose?
- What advice to expats in San Jose have about housing?
- What are medical services in San Jose like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in San Jose?
- Is the cost of living in San Jose high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in San Jose?
- Why do people move to San Jose?
What are healthcare services like in San Jose?If you live in San Jose, newcomers to San Jose would love to hear your answer to this question.