Is there a lot of crime in Wellington?
We asked people if there is a lot of crime. They answered...
"Wellington is generally considered to be a safe city. However, like any city, there is some crime. The most common crimes reported in Wellington are property crimes such as burglary and theft. Violent crimes such as assault and robbery are less common, but do occur. The police in Wellington take a proactive approach to crime prevention and work closely with the community to ensure the safety of its citizens," remarked another expat who made the move to Wellington, New Zealand.
"No, there is not a lot of crime in Wellington. According to New Zealand's police statistics, Wellington is one of the safest cities in the country. Additionally, the municipal government has implemented several programs to reduce crime and ensure the safety of its citizens," explained one expat living in Wellington, New Zealand.
- What should I pack when moving to Wellington?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Wellington?
- Will I be able to find a job in Wellington?
- What is life like in Wellington?
- What do expats in Wellington appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Wellington?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Wellington accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Wellington like?
- What are healthcare services like in Wellington?
- What are medical services in Wellington like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Wellington?
- What are emergency services like in Wellington?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Wellington?
- How are local medical facilities in Wellington?
- As a foreigner living in Wellington, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Is there a lot of crime in Wellington?If you live in Wellington, newcomers to Wellington would love to hear your answer to this question.