Should I buy or rent a home in Antalya?
If you have not spent a lot of time in Antalya, you should rent before even thinking about buying. We asked expats there about the buy vs. rent decision...
"When deciding whether to buy or rent a home in Antalya, it is important to consider your budget, lifestyle, and long-term plans. Buying a home in Antalya can be a great investment, as the city is a popular tourist destination and real estate prices are expected to rise in the future. However, it is important to consider the costs associated with buying a home, such as closing costs, taxes, and maintenance. Renting a home in Antalya can be a more affordable option, and it can provide more flexibility if you are not sure how long you will be living in the city. Ultimately, the decision to buy or rent a home in Antalya should be based on your individual needs and preferences," commented one expat who made the move to Antalya, Turkey.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
"I had a house built after buying a plot of land with a Turkish friend. It is not difficult to buy property here, but despite what UK and Turkish real estate agencies that you do not need to use a Avukat (lawyer) i recommend you use one. It is best to ask other expats which lawyer they used, as like anywhere, some are better than others. Renting is quite straightforward, although in some cases you are required to pay upfront a payment for anything from one month to one year in advance," remarked another expat in Antalya, Turkey.
- What should I pack when moving to Antalya?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Antalya?
- Will I be able to find a job in Antalya?
- What is life like in Antalya?
- What do expats in Antalya appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Antalya?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Antalya accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Antalya like?
- What are healthcare services like in Antalya?
- What are medical services in Antalya like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Antalya?
- What are emergency services like in Antalya?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Antalya?
- How are local medical facilities in Antalya?
- As a foreigner living in Antalya, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Should I buy or rent a home in Antalya?If you live in Antalya, newcomers to Antalya would love to hear your answer to this question.