Should I buy or rent a home in San Jose?
If you have not spent a lot of time in San Jose, you should rent before even thinking about buying. We asked expats there about the buy vs. rent decision...
"Buying a home in San Jose can be a great investment as the city is expected to have an economic boom in the coming years. However, renting might be preferable for someone who isn't sure how long they will be in San Jose or who is looking to save up for a longer-term purchase. Renting can give you more flexibility to relocate if needed and to explore various areas of the city before committing to buying," explained one expat living in San Jose, Costa Rica, Costa Rica.
AGS Worldwide Movers can move you to and from anywhere in the world. Presently the AGS Group has over 141 locations in more than 95 countries and has one of the largest networks in the international removals industry. We relocate 85,000 families every year. Free moving quote!
Get a Quote
"I rent because I do not want to be tied down to a piece of property. Also property is expensive. My rental agreement was easy to understand, only about 4 pages (2 of them inventory of furnishings). I negotiated the terms from 12 months to 6 and the rent amount. It was not difficult at all," said another expat in San Jose, Costa Rica.
- What should I pack when moving to San Jose?
- Where should I setup a bank account in San Jose?
- Will I be able to find a job in San Jose?
- What is life like in San Jose?
- What do expats in San Jose appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in San Jose?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in San Jose accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in San Jose like?
- What are healthcare services like in San Jose?
- What are medical services in San Jose like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in San Jose?
- What are emergency services like in San Jose?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in San Jose?
- How are local medical facilities in San Jose?
- As a foreigner living in San Jose, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Should I buy or rent a home in San Jose?If you live in San Jose, newcomers to San Jose would love to hear your answer to this question.