Should I buy or rent a home in Lyon?
If you have not spent a lot of time in Lyon, you should rent before even thinking about buying. We asked expats there about the buy vs. rent decision...
"This decision ultimately depends on a variety of factors, such as your budget, lifestyle, and timeframe. Buying a home in Lyon may be more cost-effective and provide greater stability in the long-term. Conversely, renting may be more suitable for those with more flexibility in terms of time, finances, and lifestyle. It is important to weigh the pros and cons before making a decision, as both choices have their advantages and drawbacks. A consultation with a real estate expert may be beneficial when making this decision," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Lyon, France, France.
- What should I pack when moving to Lyon?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Lyon?
- Will I be able to find a job in Lyon?
- What is life like in Lyon?
- What do expats in Lyon appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Lyon?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Lyon accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Lyon like?
- What are healthcare services like in Lyon?
- What are medical services in Lyon like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Lyon?
- What are emergency services like in Lyon?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Lyon?
- How are local medical facilities in Lyon?
- As a foreigner living in Lyon, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Should I buy or rent a home in Lyon?If you live in Lyon, newcomers to Lyon would love to hear your answer to this question.